Thursday 30 December 2010

Day 353: Over Misty Edinburgh And Beyond


This is not the most exciting landscape ever (though it helps if you click on the photo to view it large).  What frustrates me at times about photography is the difficulty in conveying the beauty you see with your eyes.  There is such different perspective through human eyes and through a lens, so where I saw beautifully lit, snowy hills in Fife and an amazing swathe of fog over the Firth of Forth and coming inland through Edinburgh towards me, the camera has flattened it all.  My eyes also have far better exposure control and I could see the foreground as being lighter than this, without the snowy hills being over exposed.  It's still cool in a moody, grey way I think, but it doesn't do justice to what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment