Wednesday 15 September 2010

Day 247: Autumnal Puddle


Run away day again!  This time we went to Peebles and wandered round the shops and ate ice cream.  Are you impressed that we went somewhere away from the seaside?!  We did still find ice cream though :-D  One of the things I find strange about myself, when I really think about it, is what I like looking at and taking photos of.  I took next to none and then when we got back to the car there was a very shallow puddle behind it with autumny leaves in it and I loved it.  The light and shadow and textures and bright points, where the sun is reflecting on the wet leaves, and the colours.  It's not quite right, I feel, but I can't quite place what I feel is wrong with it, possibly just a depth of field thing since the leaf in the foreground is a bit fuzzy.  Anyway, it's nice and it shows the start of Autumn which is definitely in progress now, from the cooler air and wind,
to the leaves and conkers.
Later on in the evening we toasted marshmallows (or well, I repeatedly burnt them because I wasn't paying attention!  Love the noise of a marshmallow on fire...) whilst watching In Bruges (strange, funny, weird, sweet and really sad - not what I was expecting - much better really - oh and has the best extra on the DVD - every swear word and mention of Bruges in the whole film - so funny!).  Point being, candles and fire and marshmallows on fire also make me think of Autumn and Winter :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment