Sunday 21 February 2010

Day 41: Ice on the Beach


We went to the beach. "Where is all the sand and sea?" I hear you ask - well it was opposite this mini glacier! I've never seen anything like it - the water runs down over rock to flow into the sea and it was frozen over and where there was a step down in the layers of the rock there was this fantastic collection of icicle on top of icicle. You could see the water flowing down under the ice in trickles and then running down the icicles. So this turned out to be my favourite over the other beachy things we saw - I expect they will all be there next time - but I don't know when I'll see this again! On another note - I'm slightly better again and I took my big, freshly cleaned with a new blower, camera! I was pretty exhausted when we got back but it was worth it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment