Monday 24 October 2011

Light


I think light is probably the best thing in the universe.  Natural light, occasionally man made light, but light nonetheless.  The right light can transform things.  A fern in the woods is suddenly a fantastic array of patterns, as are the trees beyond.  The ferns all crisp and sharp and the trees turning into a kaleidoscope behind.  And I love the little bit of spider's web up the top between fern leaves, glowing a golden colour in the sunlight.  I'm not sure if I have always seen things differently to everyone else, but I suspect I have a little.  Having taken up photography I think the way I look at things has developed.  It might well be one of the best things about it for me, as I now have an excuse to look at everything the way I want to.  All the amazing things people walk past, I look at and photograph and not only do I get to see the beauty but I get to show people what they are missing, the beautiful things I see that they don't even know are there.  The way something is lit makes all the difference in the world, to the eye and to photographing it, and I love the sunshine.  Stars are fantastic things.

2 comments:

  1. You really do have an eye for that hidden beauty. Thank you so much for capturing those moments and sharing them! You are truly appreciated :D

    ReplyDelete